Sponsor: NH Alcohol and Drug Counselors Association
Option to join via Zoom or live in Concord, NH
Presentation: The work you do matters, and you matter! Daily stressors of client care can generate emotional, physical, professional, interpersonal, and spiritual distress. Clinician wellness directly influences the ability to engage meaningfully with our clients. This training will explore the value of Self-Care beyond the basics. Participants will learn how to expand, protect, and preserve their emotional, physical, professional, and spiritual health. This presentation will equip you with various self-care strategies, including identifying and managing perceived stressors that influence professional and personal health. If you are a clinician in recovery, there is an additional unique need to employ health-promoting self-care practices. When we take care of ourselves, we will likely experience a renewed sense of meaning in our work. This training offers practical, sustainable strategies to begin, revive, or redesign one’s self-care practice—thus, a healthier balance in care for self and others.
Following this training, participants will be able to:
1. Identify obstacles to implementing regular self-care.
2. Identify the variety of factors that could lead to a lack of self-care.
3. Understand the framework in which change occurs concerning self-care.
4. Learn how to prioritize and utilize individualized types of self-care.
5. Identify vulnerabilities in recovery that require personal wellness/self-care.
6. Create/revitalize one’s self-care practice.ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Heather McMahon LCMHC, MLADC, has worked with individuals and families in various settings for over 30 years. For the past 12 years, she has operated a successful private practice, compassionately guiding clients to emotional, physical, and spiritual health. She is continually in awe at the bravery and strength her clients tap into as they transform their lives from Surviving to Thriving! Heather has recently opened “Creating You Coaching” as a Wellness Mindset, and Solution Coach.
For more information and to register click here
- March 10, 2023
- 8:30 am - 12:45 pm
- option of live at 130 Pembroke Road, Suite 150, Concord, NH 03301 or Remote via Zoom
- see registration