Sponsor: Center on Rural Addiction University of Vermont
Tina Christine Chasek, PhD
John Brooklyn, MD
Denise O’Connel, MSW
Mary Lindsey Smith, PhD, MSW
This Community Rounds panel presentation will focus on treating alcohol use disorder (AUD) in rural primary care settings. Our panel will address the extent of rural alcohol use, specific rural barriers to treatment, clinical management of alcohol use disorders, and best practices for treatment program design.
- Understand the importance of screening in novel ways for mental health and substance use in rural communities.
- Discuss ways rural communities can spread awareness about AUD.
- Understand the biological basis for treating alcohol users with medications in the office.
- Learn how to reframe the message around alcohol ingestion.
- Understand organizational and provider-level barriers to addressing unhealthy alcohol use in rural primary care settings as well as successful strategies that can be implemented to mitigate these challenges.
- Describe the necessary steps to create and coordinate an effective and efficient, team-based practice model for alcohol screening and patient care in rural primary care practices.
To register click here
- March 23, 2022
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- no costs