Sponsor: New Hampshire Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Association
PRESENTATION: The goal of this workshop is to introduce attendees to the performance domains of the CRSW credential: Ethical Responsibility, Advocacy, Mentoring & Education, Recovery & Wellness Support. Information will be specific to peer support and working with individuals with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders in a supportive way. Participants will understand the scope of service that CRSWs are able to provide, the variety of settings where these skills can be employed and the unique and powerful value that peer support services offer individuals pursuing recovery. Participants will learn how to work collaboratively across systems to better serve client needs.
As a result of this training participants will be able to:
- Describe the 4 performance domains relative to the recovery supports and the CRSW credential;
- Identify and describe the stages of change;
- Describe the provision of basic screening of persons with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders;
- List signs and symptoms of addiction, intoxication and withdrawal; and
- Explain the function of screening, as it occurs in the Web Information Technology System (WITS).
PRESENTER: Michael Lawless, MSW, LICSW, MLADC has worked in a variety of clinical settings providing direct services to clients with substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. He has worked as a supervisor of individuals who work as CRSW’s and has supervised individuals pursuing credentialing and licensure. Michael has served as a contract manager for the Bureau of Drug & Alcohol Services, trainer in the community and has extensive experience working with legally-involved clients. He is the Director for the State of NH’s Employee Assistance Program and has a small private practice in Manchester, NH. Michael is a Diploma Candidate at the Carl Jung Institute of New England
To register click here
- December 19, 2023
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- 130 Pembroke Road, Suite 100 OR vi ZOOM
- see registration