Sponsor: NH Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Association
PRESENTATION: This training is designed for clinicians at any experience level seeking to improve their understanding of how Mental Health issues interact with our client’s use of Stimulants. During this training, participants will learn how Stimulants such as Cocaine, Amphetamines and PCP are related to and can exacerbate mental health issues. Issues such as predisposing factors, why Stimulant can be attractive to some individuals and the evolving pool of drugs of abuse will be explored. At the end of this training, participants will:
- Learn up to date models of how Stimulant Use affects the CNS.
- Learn to differentiate Mental Health and Addiction symptoms and diagnoses.
- Learn complicating factors for treatment of individuals with co-occurring Mental Health and Stimulant Use issues.
- Explore issues and problems with medication management and compliance with co-occurring diagnoses and recovery.
- Learn impactful ways of presenting this to their clients
- Describe their own experiences with their own unique client base.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:Joseph Zannella has 34 years of experience working with mental health and addiction issues. He specializes in helping people with Anxiety issues, Recovery from Addictions, and Eating Disorders. He was the Director of Outpatient Programs in Bridgeport for Connecticut Renaissance for five years and was the Director of the Renfrew Center of Southern Connecticut for five years specializing in treating clients with Eating Disorders. He is presently the Clinical Director for the ASIST program at Family Reentry. He is a faculty member of the New England Institute of Addiction Studies for 18 years teaching multiple courses including Neurobiology of Addiction, Psybersick, Eating Disorders, Advanced Ethics, Early Recovery Issues and the history of addiction treatment. With extensive clinical and administrative skills and in his work as a professional educator he has unique qualifications to assist both clinicians and clients. He is also in private practice in Fairfield County, CT.
For more information and registration click here
- September 30, 2022
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- 130 Pembroke Road, Suite 150
- see registration