Sponsor: NH Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Association
PRESENTATION: This training is designed for both administrative and clinical staff members interested in ethical problem solving and legal risk management strategies. During this training, participants will learn techniques for analyzing and resolving ethical dilemmas. Special emphasis will be placed on the application of ethics to the treatment of individuals with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health problems. Participants will:
- Detail how legal and ethical issues are addressed by relevant professional organizations;
- Articulate similarities and differences between the various codes of clinical ethics presented in the class;
- Explain how to reconcile differences between codes of ethics when treating individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse problems;
- Describe the concept of power differential as it relates to client- therapist, client- agency, and supervisor- supervisee relationships;
- Articulate the relationship between legally defensible actions, ethical practice and personal morality.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER: Joseph has 34 years of experience working with mental health and addiction issues. He specializes in helping people with Anxiety issues, Recovery from Addictions, and Eating Disorders. He was the Director of Outpatient Programs in Bridgeport for Connecticut Renaissance for five years, and was the Director of the Renfrew Center of Southern Connecticut for five years specializing in treating clients with Eating Disorders. He is presently the Clinical Director for the ASIST program at Family Reentry. He is a faculty member of the New England Institute of Addiction Studies for 18 years teaching multiple courses including Neurobiology of Addiction, Psybersick, Eating Disorders, Advanced Ethics, Early Recovery Issues and the history of addiction treatment. With extensive clinical and administrative skills and in his work as a professional educator he has unique qualifications to assist both clinicians and clients. He is also in private practice in Fairfield County, CT.
For more information and to register click here
- November 3, 2022
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- 130 Pembroke Road, Suite 150
Concord, NH 03301
- see registration