Please join us virtually for some or all of these Free Community Conversations where you will be able to ask, listen, participate, and be heard. Each 2-hour long session includes the following expert speakers, Questions & Answers (Q&A) section, and a community conversation conducted by NH Listens:
Speakers: Jess Wisocky, ARPN PrEP and HIV Medical Care Provider, & Katie Cailleach, RN Dartmouth Hitchcock, Infectious Disease Department
• Topic: Medical Care- Treatment as Prevention and PrEP* : An Effective Response for Rural Providers to HIV Prevention.
*PrEP is a prescription which has been shown to be highly effective for preventing HIV.
- Raise awareness across the region of risks of HIV/infectious disease outbreaks in rural communities
- Educate on the serious potential for disease spread in the Northern NH regions
- Encourage collaborative work across disease areas and integration of services
- Educate on community strategies to reduce harm (Naloxone, Syringe Service Programs)
- Outreach strategies and connecting to with those at highest risk
- Maximize HIV and HCV testing and provide linkages to testing and resources for early intervention
- Alter community norms to decrease stigma associated with these infections and education on the consequences of such stigma on those in need of accessing services
- Promote prevention messaging and activities related to HIV/AIDS, viral Hepatitis and other infectious diseases
- Inform and start the conversation related to HIV/AIDS, viral Hepatitis and other infectious diseases as well as harm reduction
- November 17, 2020
- 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm