Sponsored by: NH Alcohol and Drug Counselors Association
PRESENTATION: This training is designed for clinicians at any experience level seeking to improve their understanding of how Stimulant use affects the central nervous system and the entire body. During this training, participants will learn about the Pleasure and Reward neural pathways, and how Stimulants such as Cocaine, Amphetamines and PCP act on specific areas of the Brain. Throughout the presentation we will elaborate on up-to-date data showing how Stimulants interacts with mental health diagnoses. At the end of this training, participants will:
- Learn up to date models of the biology of Stimulant Use as it affects the CNS.
- Learn to differentiate between factual and erroneous information about substance use and the Brain.
- Review proper treatment for individuals with co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Abuse issues.
- Describe their own experiences with their own unique client base.
- Explore the ethics of Stimulant Medications with people in Recovery, and
- Learn impactful ways of presenting this to their clients.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:Joseph Zannella has 34 years of experience working with mental health and addiction issues. He specializes in helping people with Anxiety issues, Recovery from Addictions, and Eating Disorders. He was the Director of Outpatient Programs in Bridgeport for Connecticut Renaissance for five years and was the Director of the Renfrew Center of Southern Connecticut for five years specializing in treating clients with Eating Disorders. He is presently the Clinical Director for the ASIST program at Family Reentry. He is a faculty member of the New England Institute of Addiction Studies for 18 years teaching multiple courses including Neurobiology of Addiction, Psybersick, Eating Disorders, Advanced Ethics, Early Recovery Issues and the history of addiction treatment. With extensive clinical and administrative skills and in his work as a professional educator he has unique qualifications to assist both clinicians and clients. He is also in private practice in Fairfield County, CT.
For more information and to register click here
- September 29, 2022
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- 130 Pembroke Road
- see registration