Sponsor: New Hampshire Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors Association
Revisiting Ethical Considerations in Peer-Assisted Recovery was developed by SOS Recovery Community Organization using our lived experience to design an interactive training that will provide a refresher on ethical considerations as it relates to recovery support services. This training is designed for participants who have a basic foundational knowledge of ethical considerations and completed a previous ethical considerations training (although not required). We will revisit the definition of ethics and the importance of ethics and boundaries for recovery support workers and helpers in peer-based roles and settings. Participants will be invited to explore ethical considerations as it relates to working digitally and remotely. We will also invite participants to work collectively in this training to gain a better understanding of using William White’s ethical decision-making model through small and large group practice exercises.
As a result of the training, participants will be able to:
- Define ethics ;
- Summarize why ethics are important for peer-assisted recovery;
- List multiple ethical challenges we face as peer specialists;
- Describe ethical considerations for digital support;
- Understand on how to use William White’s ethical decision-making tool; and
- Practice using William White’s ethical decision-making tool.
For more information and to register click here:
- November 30, 2023
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- 130 Pembroke Road, Suite 150,
Concord, NH 03301
- See registration