Sponsor: Center on Rural Addiction: University of Vermont
UVM CORA Community Rounds Workshop Series session, “Three years of the COVID-19 Pandemic: What we’ve learned, and how it can make us better at treating rural patients with SUD.” Our speaker is Dr. Sarah Jacobs, MD, MEd. This presentation will explore lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic as they relate to rural populations with substance use disorder.
- Describe some of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on people with SUD.
- Discuss how the intersection of rurality and SUD may amplify the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on certain populations.
- Outline parallels between prior pandemics in history and COVID-19.
- Describe previous vaccine efforts for other infectious diseases, and how those efforts can inform COVID-19 vaccine acceptance.
- Identify evidence-based methods for addressing vaccine hesitancy.
- Describe how COVID-19 has changed the role of telehealth for SUD care.
Participants can expect 45 minutes of presentation followed by 15 minutes for questions and conversation. A recording of the session and slides will be shared following. Registered participants will also be added to UVM CORA’s listserv and receive notifications for future events. If you do not wish to be added, please contact us at #ob#PBEN#at#hiz.rqh#ob#.
For more information and to register click here
- March 29, 2023
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm