Sponsor: Center on Rural Addiction University of Vermont
Please join us a UVM CORA Community Rounds Workshop series session with Mark Depman, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, Central Vermont Medical Center. This presentation will cover vaccine facts and talking points for people who are vaccine reluctant. It will also cover the importance of COVID-19 vaccine uptake and the impact substance use disorders have on the disease course of COVID-19.
1) Understand how the COVID-19 virus works and the role of variants
2) Understand how the COVID-19 vaccines work and the role of the booster
3) Understand that universal vaccine uptake is our greatest tool against the COVID-19 pandemic
4) Identify how substance use disorders are associated with increased morbidity and mortality from COVID-19
5) Describe determinants of vaccine uptake in rural communities, especially among those with substance use disorders
6) Discuss how misinformation spreads and how to utilize motivational interviewing to increase vaccine acceptance in rural communities
The Community Rounds Workshop Series is provided live monthly by the University of Vermont Center on Rural Addiction (UVM CORA). The goal is to provide opportunities for health professionals to learn, ask questions, and discuss topics related to science-based best practices for substance use disorder. Participants can expect 45 minutes of presentation followed by 15 minutes for questions and conversation. A recording of the session and slides will be shared following. Registered participants will also be added to UVM CORA’s listserv and receive notifications for future events. If you do not wish to be added, please contact us at #ob#PBEN#at#hiz.rqh#ob#.
To register click here
- January 26, 2022
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- no costs