PRESENTATION: This training will explore the experience and emotions a parent and other family members go through when their loved one is in active addiction.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate The Cycle of Addiction and The Drama Triangle
- Describe the effects Compassion Fatigue & PTSD
- Discuss changing the Rock Bottom Myth to a Healthier Perspective
- Identify the impact of the 9 Family Roles
- Identify approaches to The Healing Process
PRESENTER: Donna Marston, Author, Certified Recovery Support Worker, Certified CPI Instructor (Crisis Prevention Intervention), NAMI™ Trained Family Support Facilitator, 2015 “Recovery Provider of the Year” N.H. Providers Association. Member of the Recovery Task Force of N.H. Governor’s Commission on Alcohol & Drug Abuse – where she represents families. Donna is the founder of Families Sharing With Out Shame; she has provided family support groups in NH for the past 12 years and she is a Mother who knows the heartache of watching a child in active addiction and the miracle of recovery.
To register click here
- April 22, 2022
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- see registration